12/01/2007

The Lovely Bones Movie

I read in Vanity Fair that Dreamworks was able to buy the movie rights for Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones. And if that was not enough to get me excited, Peter Jackson is going to direct the movie!

I love, love, love this book! I remember first reading The Lovely Bones during a flight going to Fukuoka (Japan) . I finished the book even before we landed but would reread it again and again throughout the whole trip and even after that.

I love this book so much that I bought all of Alice Sebold's other books. Even though I like the others too, The Lovely Bones is still my favorite.

I am usually wary of movies based on books I like. Somehow, the big screen doesn't always capture the magic that the book weaves around you. With this one, I think I will reserve judgement. The Spielberg-Jackson team-up desrves it :0)

According to IMDb, the movie will be released Spring of 2009. Sigh, still more than a year of waiting. Never mind, I have NPH to look forward to next year hehe :0) (I also love Harold and Kumar 1. I'm weird like that.)

No comments: