12/24/2004

Christmas Eve 2004

Christmas this year was very memorable to my husband and I. Not only was it our first Christmas as husband and wife, it was also the first Christmas that we were able to celebrate together.

We spent the day shopping for last minute gifts and wrapping them. I found the simple chore of shopping and wrapping gifts extra special just because I was doing it with him :0)

The earlier part of the evening was spent with my husband's side of the family.

This Christmas was also extra special for them since they rarely spend the holidays together, given that my mother-in-law is in the States and Tita Beth and her family are based in Japan.

This year the family was complete.

We ate dinner and played Santa, giving gifts to everyone, young and old alike :0) There was also a Karaoke game going on, with cash prizes for the top 3 scorers. Mr. A joined in the fun while I cheered him on :0)

We said goodbye at quarter to 10pm, in time to attend the Christmas Eve mass at 10pm. I savored our time together. I felt so blessed that I was sharing the night with the person I love so much. It was nice to know that from now on, I will be spending all my Christmas eve and days with my husband.

We got an early start at opening our gifts in the car. We opened the gifts from my sis-in-law and my mother-in-law. My hubby got a Pearl Jam CD while I got a wallet from my sis-in-law and an elegant necklace and earring set of freshwater pearls set in gold from my mother-in-law.

Noche Buena was spent with my side of the family.

The simple celebration started with the opening of the wine. My husband and my dad worked together in popping it open. I was very happy to watch as my family fully embraced my husband into the fold.

Gift giving and opening followed a filling meal.



We played Santa once again and gave my sister and brother each a Tommy Hilfiger perfume set. My baby bro got a pencil sharpener and a PDA. My parents received pendulum desk clock with the inscription: To Mom and Dad, hope our marriage is as beautiful as yours. Monching, my cousin spending Christmas with us, also got a robot set from us.

We were so happy to see everyone opening and appreciating our gifts :0)

My husband got a blue Nautica shirt from my sister, a red Lacoste shirt from my parents, and a key chain from my baby bro. His favorite gift was the g-string undies from my brother :0)

[My gift was to follow later -- a stainless-steel Casio G-shock, something he's been eyeing for a while now.]

I got body wash from The Body Shop from my brother, a red wallet with a yellow embroidered flower from my baby bro and a set of Lancome eye make-up from my sis. My favorite gift was, no doubt about it, the gorgeous red leather jacket from my hubby complete with care set ;0)

Mine really was a very Merry Christmas :0)

No comments: