1/26/2005

NBI Paranoia

I changed status on my NBI clearance yeserday. But unlike with my maiden name, where I got the clearance 5 minutes after, I did not immediately receive my clearance. Have to go back for it on Friday, Jan 28.

From what I can tell, there was a HIT. I'm not really sure what this means but a friend had a similar experience when she did her clearance for the first time, turned out, she has a namesake with a criminal record, so she had to go to the regional court where the case of her namesake was filed, dig up the court records just to have the personnel there compare her face to that of her namesake, and then she had to get court clearance as proof that it was a different person.

Sigh. I really hope I don't have to go through all that. Just imagining the delay and hassle it will cause to our immigration petition is enough to bring tears to my eyes :0(

No comments: