5/16/2006

the green card that wasn't green.

Hindi naman pala green ang green card. Puti sya. Ewan ko ba kung bakit green card ang tawag sa kanya. Sabi ng mister ko, nung nakuha nya yung 'green' card nya, pink naman daw ang kulay. Ang labo :0P

Whatever color it is though, I'm thankful that I've finally received mine. At least I don't have to worry about getting deported back to Manila (however remote that possibility is) when my spousal visa expires next year.

Iniisip ko nga na 2 years valid lang yung card ko. According to the regulations, when an application to adjust to permanent resident status is based on a marriage that hasn't reach 2 years yet, the status that will be granted is conditional. Meaning, 2 years valid lang yung card, tapos kapag natapos yung period na yun, one should apply again to have them lift the conditional status, dun palang ibibigay yung 10-year green card. E nung nag-apply kami, a year and 8 mos palang yata kami kasal.

Anyway, I was really surprised and delighted to find out that instead of giving me conditional residency, they actually gave me the 10-year card already! So that means, I don't have to think about applying again and renewing anything.

Hay. Thank God for lucky breaks like this.

No comments: