6/17/2005

Overdrive

Last Wednesday, I drove home alone :0D (This may not seem like such a big deal, but for me, it is!)

Here's the story behind that milestone in my life:

We had to take Tita Mommy's car (my MIL) to the service center for an oil change and a smog test. After Mr.A's work, we picked the car up at the Park and Ride where Tita Mommy leaves it every morning (she carpools to the city) and left the CRV in its place..

After our errand, Mr.A was wondering whether to go straight home and pick up Tita Mommy (she took the bus home that day; she doesn't like driving the CRV) so she can drive us back to the Park and Ride to get the CRV or... we could go straight to the Park and Ride and I could drive one of the cars home.

Me to myself: I could. I could? Can I? OMG. I could, couldn't I?!

I'll spare you the rest of the dialogue I had with myself. Suffice to say, I mustered enough guts to do it. Looking back, I'm not sure who was more nervous, me or my husband hehe :0P

It felt soo good and soo... I don't know... liberating?... to have that kind of freedom at your fingertips. I'm still going to wait for my Cali license before I start driving regularly but I'm glad I took that first step :0)

No comments: