7/07/2006

Anticlimactic.

That's how the exam was. Not because it was easy (it wasn't for me!!) but because after all the worrying, the loong days, the fatigue -- it was finally over, just like that.

I still don't know how I feel about it. It was tiring, yes. Five hours of looking at a computer monitor answering questions that actually requires thinking (a lot of it) with only a 15-minute respite will obviously take its toll. But aside from that, I'm... I don't know... not really dedma but not that caught up too.

That in itself is already surprising. I've been thinking about it and as hard for me to admit it, I have to say it, I do not take failure lightly. I guess it's because I grew up believing that I have nothing more to offer than my intelligence. I remember thinking in HS that it was ok if I wasn't pretty, I was pretty damn smart anyway. Thus, I set a pretty high bar for myself when it comes to success.

I've come a long way since then. I've realized that I've got far more to offer than just my IQ score (which is superior, not to brag, but since we're on the topic anyway, I thought you should know hehe). But I guess, old habits really die hard and I'm still learning about accepting failure (in all forms) more graciously.

Maybe the worries will come later. But as of now, I'm feeling pretty cool about it, whatever the results maybe. And I know that the card that Mr.A gave me after the exam and what he wrote in it has a lot to do with my frame of mind.

Like what he said, whatever happens, I'll get there (being a licensed PT) and he'll always be right beside me.

And for me, that's what's really important.

No comments: