9/19/2008

Shopping with my man :0)

I really enjoy shopping with Mr.A. It wasn't always that way, though.

I remember during our Japan trip (way back nung nagbobolahan pa lang kami hehe), everytime I ask for his opinion about a certain bag, shoe or clothing, his standard reply would be: "I'm not sure, hindi naman ako gumagamit/nagsusuot nyan." :0P Well, thanks :0P

Nowadays, when you ask for his opinion, he actually has something to say. For instance:

(Me, wearing a striped multicolored dress which I tried cinching with a wide red belt)

L: What do you think, Babe?

A: Umm (looks me over). I think you have too much going on.

O di ba?! Natututo. Although not all his comments are as helpful. Or as nice. Consider:

(Me, trying on a shabby chic pea coat in linen at Old Navy)

L: Ok ba?

A: Mukha kang mahirap.

There was also one instance at Zara where I was trying on an off-white trench coat.

L: I like this.

A: Okay lang.

L: You don't like it?

A: Para kasing taga-UST ka na dumaan ng Lawton ng tanghali. Makutim sya. Labang-poso kumbaga.

I don't know what's worse, him dissing the coat I like or him comparing me to a UST student. Haha! I kid, I kid!

But seriously, I think my hubby is learning the fine art of shopping. Let's say he is slowly developing an eye for things as evidenced by his lament to me a couple of weeks ago:

A: I went to Macy's trying to see if I can get you a bag for your birthday.

L: And?

A: The thing is, ever since you started taking me to Bloomingdales and Nordstrom to windowshop, it seems like the things at Macy's just don't measure up. Parang ampapangit na nila coz I've seen better.

Haha! Ang taray!

I think this is actually good for me but bad for his bank account in the long run :0P

No comments: