3/15/2010

Spring Forward

It's DST again.

I used to look at DST as one big April Fool's joke, robbing me of an hour of precious sleep. Not this year. After a seemingly endless winter, DST brings with it the promise of light at the end of the (work) tunnel -- enough light for a stroll around the park and maybe feed the ducks; enough light to energize me to cook more and maybe, just maybe, clean more :0P And yes, enough light to fit in a spontaneous visit to...somewhere, with my boys.

The promise of that somewhere is enough to bring a smile to my lips :0)

Last weekend was so gorgeous that staying indoors seems criminal. So the little one and I ventured out front, to the neighbor's 'rock' garden, while Daddy sleeps off the (hopefully) last stage of his flu.

And when Daddy woke up, we headed straight to the park to enjoy the last hour of daylight and sunshine.


So yeah, even though there is still a nip in the air, this Little Miss Sunshine (with a newly washed sash and a newly polished tiara) hereby proclaims that SPRING has sprung, bringing with it all sorts of lovely things.

The anticipation of said lovely things is enough to bring a skip to my step :0)


Toothy grins :0)

Toddling steps on green grass...







No comments: