1/31/2005

making memories of manila -- a partial list

As I was ranting to a friend about my frustrations regarding staying here until summer, she reminded me to enjoy Manila while I'm still here.

And to get me going, she sent me a partial list. I have edited her list to suit me and will make a complete list soon...

1. Visit Fort Santiago
2. Visit Corregidor
3. Visit the Black Nazarene at Quiapo (and my old haunts selling beads and crystals)
4. Eat BBQ at Beach House, UP Diliman
5. Eat seafood at Dampa
6. Go through the shopping district of Divisoria
7. Have mass at Baclaran (Visiting Baclaran will be an ode to my college self -- she of the well-worn sneakers and jeans, who can elbow her way with the best of them through the rush-hour crowd of LRT.)
8. Have dessert at Chocolate Kiss, UP Diliman
9. Visit Manila Zoo
10. Window shop at Harrison Plaza (my tambayan during my short stint as a medrep)
11. Browse through Solidaridad bookstore (and maybe buy for myself the whole Rosales saga of F. Sionil Jose... and have it autographed if I'm lucky!)
12. Have dessert at Hizon's, J. Bocobo
13. Visit Malacanang

(Will try to do as much as I can of the things on your list Tessa-girl... Thanks for reminding me of my chance to do this before I leave. I really appreciate it :0) )

1 comment:

Able Therapy said...

You're welcome :) Enjoy those moments ...