1/29/2005

sibling bonding

Spent the day with my siblings.

The afternoon was spent with my sister in our friendly neighborhood salon. We both got hair spas and I went the extra kikay mile and got a mani and a pedi :0) And since a girls' day out is not complete without shopping, we stopped by our friendly neighborhood mall (read: SM Sucat).

Our primary goal was to gift-shop for our nephew, Zoe. And to window-shop for a jacket for my sister. But as most impromptu shopping expeditions go, we ended up buying not just gifts for Zoe but also gifts for ourselves -- sis got a pink bat-sleeved top at Gozum and I got two embroidered tops at Plains and Prints for half price. Sigh. What can I say? I'm such a sucker for discounts!

After dinner, sis had a craving for fondue so we invited my brother and his GF for ice cream at ATC. We went around Rustan's and Powerbooks (where I got a SF guidebook for 20% off -- such a sucker!) before finally having dessert.

The fondue at Haagen-Daz was not what we remembered. The warm, creamy, thick melted chocolate sauce that hardens on whatever you dip in it became a thin, chocolate sauce that drips after every dipping. The brownies were hard not chewy. At least the ice cream balls did not disappoint.

Although dessert was a lil anticlimactic, I really enjoyed the time spent hanging out with my sister and brother and talking about whatever came to mind.

No comments: