4/25/2005

deep cleaning + sausage on a bun afterwards = very bad idea

I went to the dentist today to have the right half of my mouth deep-cleaned. I have to be honest, I do not know a thing about dental deep cleaning when I went in.

After a 45-minute session, I learned the following:

1. Deep cleaning involves topical and local anesthesia. Which means injecting a local anesthetic around the area. Which means, in plain words, SHOTS ON YOUR GUMS.
2. With the injecting part done, it is not a painful process, just an uncomfortable one.
3. It’s hard to rinse while half of your mouth is numb, not to mention a little embarrassing since the rinse keeps dribbling out :0P

Although the process wasn’t painful, it was still unpleasant. So when we went to COSTCO afterwards, I told my husband that I deserve a big Polish sausage on a bun, slathered with lots of mustard as a pick-me-upper.

I had my sausage, with a big sundae on the side. Problem was, half of my mouth was still numb. It was a very messy and totally embarrassing experience trying to eat with half of my mouth essentially not working. I couldn’t chew, I couldn’t even feel if I have mustard or bits of relish on my lips!

My husband found the whole thing amusing. Obviously, I did not :0P

No comments: