4/24/2005

I was in shopping heaven for a day.




I took a break from my domestic-goddess-in-training mode and spent a day at the outlet stores.

The Vacaville Outlet stores was 2 plazas-worth of premium retail spaces!

Liz Clairborne. Liz Clairborne Shoes. Dress Barn. Naturalizer. Banana Rep Factory Store. Eddie Bauer. Gap Outlet. Guess. Bath and Body Works. Nautica. Tommy Hilfiger. Wilson’s Leather Outlet. Calvin Klein. Nike. Levi’s. Ralph Lauren. Coach.

And these are only the brand names that I recognize!

We only managed to browse through the west block but it was still shopping heaven for me :0)

Mr. A kept telling me that I just have to point out the items I wanted and he’ll buy it for me. And I keep reminding myself to remember the difference between want and need :0P

Needless to say, my practical and my kikay side were on an all-out war.

Kikay Leah: That sleeveless, dreamy, yellow biased-cut floral dress from the Dress Barn sure is perfect for spring.
Practical Leah: Have we adapted enough to the climate here that we can already wear a flimsy, sleeveless dress? I don’t think so.
Kikay Leah: But it’ll show up beautifully when we wear it sightseeing and get our picture taken.
Practical Leah: Are you suggesting traipsing around San Francisco in a dress that would probably lead us to Influenza?

Sigh. Practical me won that round.

But that’s not to say Kikay Leah was a loser all throughout the day. My new pair of Mockup Espresso Suede shoes from Naturalizer and a matching suede bag from Wilson’s Leather are victorious evidences.

(Since the shoes were a gift from Tita Mommy (my mom-in-law) and the bag was from Mr. A, the victories were all the more sweeter :0) )

My two sides even managed to agree on one major purchase – a front zip-up white jacket from Geoffrey Beene. Warm and stylish.

My minor purchases include a hairband to keep my hair off my face at home, a set of curlers and a butterfly clip all from Claire’s Accessories. Also stocked up on my favorite scent, White Tea and Ginger from Bath and Body works. Got both the body splash and the body cream.

At first, it was a challenge not to convert everything into Philippine pesos, but after a while, I soon got the hang of taking the dollar price at face value (Or else I wouldn’t be able to buy anything!). I was also a little guilty since I am spending, what is essentially, conjugal money (my husband’s, in short :0P). But all in all, I thoroughly enjoyed myself :0)

No comments: