5/11/2005

inside a hallmark movie


Refugio Valley Park, 15-min walk from our house

I was in the park this afternoon, watching old couples walking, mommies and toddlers playing on the swings, men jogging, teens playing frisbee, women walking their dogs... and I felt like I was sucked into a Hallmark channel movie.

You know, those stories about families, that always have these park scenes where the family relationship is usually established (or something like that).

Anyway, it was a little surreal to find myself in a beautiful park at midday, reading a book and people watching.

The career woman in me found this such a waste of time. But I've learned to appreciate the time I have on my hands at present. I know that before I know it, I will be caught up in work and would find times like these a rare luxury.

***
I've accepted it.

'It' being the bitter reality that I have to exert more effort than usual to keep my weight stable :0P

I've become friendly with the stepper here at home, and with the weights. But walking to the park is my favorite form of exercise :0) That's why I'm hoping that the spring weather continues.

***
Way to go, Uchenna and Joyce!

I'm so happy that they won TAR7!! I didn't want Rob and Amber to win but I (grudgingly) admire their composure and team work. I was sad for Ron and Kelly, for during their live interview at The Early Morning Show this (duh!) morning, they said that they weren't dating anymore.

I guess going through life-changing experiences with someone can either make you grow closer or apart.

No comments: