5/09/2005

where the grass is green and the girls are pretty... (and the mangoes smell lovely)


me and mom

I e-mail my family in Manila regularly but I rarely call.

It's because when I do get to hear their voice, I am suddenly homesick. I start missing them so much, it actually hurts a little.

My phone call to my mom for Mother's Day was no exception. The waterworks started with my hello and went on for almost half of the conversation.

My mom told me to stop crying, and grow up... in betweens sobs :0P hehe Like mother, like daughter.

***

Saw some mangoes in the Asian grocery today. I picked up one to smell it, expecting that lovely tangy scent that Phil. mangoes have. I was sad to find out that there was no smell.

I suddenly missed Manila.

Oh, and it was weird to see mangoes that turn red when ripe.

On a better note, I was able to get myself some Piattos! I love Piattos!!! And having a stash here at home is really a pick-me-upper ;0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the olfactory sensation that a ripe mango could give. Before I even peel it, i spend a good three to five minutes just smelling it. Hahahaha. <--- addict!