5/25/2005

midweek tryst (warning: mushy post ahead)



Had a lunch date with my husband yesterday that stretched into dinner :0)

To take advantage of the lovely sunny day, we went to the Emeryville Marina and had lunch at the dimsum place there. Since the place had floor to ceiling windows, it afforded us a breathtaking view of the San Francisco Bay while we enjoy the yummy dimsum.

We had stuffed tofu, siu mai, spice duck dumplings, shrimp dimsum (deepfried and steamed) and the fun chow noodles with shrimp. Everything was yummy, except for the spice duck which was too gingery for my taste.

After lunch, we strolled around the marina. It was really nice to have my husband at my side, his hands in mine, with the waves as our music and the sun as our guide. We talked about serious things, laughed about stupid things and just mainly enjoyed each other's company.

The day just underlined the facts I've known all along -- that I love my husband very much and that I'm so lucky to have him in my life. I can't help but thank God again that we're finally together :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't notice the mushy part. I was distracted by the yummy part:

stuffed tofu,
siu mai,
spice duck dumplings,
shrimp dimsum
fun chow noodles with shrimp

sarap!

pinaybythebay said...

Naku Fer, you'll enjoy the food scene here. You can find affordable restos with really good food. There's Thai, Chinese, Greek, Indian, Afghan, Vietnamese, Filipino, Mexican plus the usual fastfood with gigantic servings of everything!
Malapit na nga akong ma-supersize hehe!