12/29/2005

Strike three... and I'm out.

Yup. I am ashamed to say that I screwed up again.

I won't go into specifics 'coz, looking back, it's such a stupid mistake. :0P

Hay. The only good thing about today's experience is my acceptance of the fact that driving is such an effort for me. Forget the cool, femme driver of my illusions. Or my naive belief that since I have a superior IQ, driving should be a piece of cake.

Some people just have a knack for driving. I've accepted that I am not one of them.

Thus, even though I am years removed from being a minor, I told myself that I still need the requisite 50 hours of driving practice before I attempt to sit for another exam again. I need to face the fact that even though I have a license from Manila, it doesn't change the reality that I have less than 10 hours of driving experience.

This time around, I promised myself that I'm going to drive everyday, everywhere until it becomes second nature to me. To try to overcome the urge to give in to the temptation of leaving all the driving to my hubby; to practice driving until the mere thought of driving doesn't make me go into fits of nervous coughing. Practice until I can drive without murmuring to myself: signal, look at the mirrors, look back, change lane. And until I can drive and think about something else other than the fact that I am driving.

Looks like Mr.A got himself a driver for the next month or so :0)

Oh, and there's another silver lining in today's dark cloud.

I don't need to take the written exam again. Yey! :0)

For some reason or another, my DMV examiner waived the written exam when I went back to apply for another permit (remember, 3 strikes and I need to reapply again, which means passing the written test again). I must have looked so sad and pathetic that he took pity on me :0P

(I told my hubby that it's either that or he found me cute. He said it's probably the first one hehe :0P)

So yeah, I still can't help but feel a lil stupid for striking out but instead of wallowing in it, I'll try my best to rise above it and hopefully, overcome it in time.

*Syet, after reading what I wrote, di ako makapaniwala na ako
ito... does this mean I've matured?! Di ko kinaya!

No comments: