12/28/2005

A year ago today, I walked down the aisle.

As much as I want to reminisce about that day, I can't.

Not until I get my behind-the-wheel exam over with.

Tomorrow afternoon, I will take that friggin' exam for the third freakin' time. And yes, I am frustrated as hell.

Strike one was when I got so rattled when the DMV examiner asked me to parallel park (uhh, what park?) that I forgot to look back (but I looked at the mirrors!) while pulling out of the curb... number two was when I (gently :0P) hit the curb while backing up. Add number three and I'm out.

My husband comforts me with the thought that if I don't make it, I can always try again. No biggie.

Thing is, if I still don't make it this time, I need to retake the written test (which I aced in the first try, thankyouverymuch). And thinking about poring through the DMV handbook again and paying the sitting fee again and going through the stress again of anticipating the behind-the-wheel exam... hay.

Ewan ko ba, I do well when I'm practicing with Mr.A. But as soon as it's just the DMV examiner and I, I turn into a mechanically inept person, seemingly incapable of controlling a compact car:0P

I have never failed this miserably before :0(

I hope that the driving deities will look favorably on me tomorrow. I really, really hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow! i've been in that situation too. sobrang nakakakaba talaga. just remember, when in doubt, look and check all the mirrors. saying it out loud would help. saka dont forget your signals!!!

d3nd3n said...

goodluck gurl, kaya mo yan.

i remembered when i did mine, the examiner asked me to parallel park too but get this, it was on a one way street (where cars were double-parked and streets are soo narrow) and when i was parking a freaking ambulance just had to be following me. i was rattled so i ended up hitting the curb. in short, bagsak ako. hehe. lintek.