2/27/2005

Day 1 down, Day 2 to go...

Finally finished with the first day of my US Immigration Medical Exam. Timeframe: From 4.40am to 11.15am.

I'm crossing my fingers that all results are what they should be (meaning A-OK) so that there will be no more unnecessary delays.

Details to come as I am already cross-eyed with sleep.

***

Got there at 4.40AM (yup, as in before the cock crows :0P). Was feeling proud of myself until I saw the loong line of people already there. Turned out, at that freakin' hour, I'm number 74! Can you believe that?

Spent most of my time sitting down and waiting for my name to be called. Out of almost 6 hours spent in the clinic, probably 5 hours were spent waiting, the remaining hour spent filling out forms, giving out samples of my body fluids and getting interviwed, checked and poked all over.

The most dreaded part, the physical exam, was actually anti-climactic. The MD asked a couple of questions I've been anticipating and spent less than five minutes examining me. Stripping took a lot longer than the physical exam itself :0P

All in all, it was OK. And Im thankful that Im finally done with it.

No comments: