2/01/2005

NSO, you're breaking my heart.

I was in such a euphoric mood but the National Statistics Office had to go and dampen my mood.

The travel agency taking care of my passport amendment updated me that our marriage certificate has not been released yet. I've been waiting for that certificate to be released since December! What the hell is happening?!

Finding out that our marriage of 8 months (then)was not yet in NSO's registry was a disappointment. But since we couldn't do anything about it, my husband and I followed what they required us to do and secured a copy of the transmittal slip from the local civil registrar where our marriage was registered. We (the travel agency, in essence) were told to wait two weeks after submission of the transmittal slip. When the two weeks passed, we were told to wait another week. After yet another week, all they have to give us was a number to call for another follow-up.

I don't know the problem. I can't understand why the government agency boasting of their SERBILIS service is being very inefficient. My passport amendment is being delayed because of them. Our immigrant petition was delayed 2 months (and counting) because of them.

I am gonna be calling that number the moment office hours start. I can't take this waiting anymore.

No comments: