2/16/2005

PRC and little blessings

I'm a valid Professional once again.

Finally got around to renewing my PRC ID. It just took me under an hour. And will be able to claim my ID next week.

The only hassle was walking almost 3 blocks in the noontime heat because the FX I rode decided to change its route. And it was really a hassle. According to the Plaza Miranda giant digital thermometer, it was 34 degrees Celsius out, jus 4 degrees shy of a fever :0P

***

Almost a month ago, I had lunch with friends in a Manila mall and misplaced a paperbag containing a newly bought bottle of the perfect tinted moisturizer (for me at least) (costing me P1200) and my favorite pair of sunglasses. I wasn't sure where exactly I left it, at the kiosk where we bought desserts or at the net cafe where I surfed after lunch. Inquiries to both places yielded nothing so I gave it up for lost but not without beating myself up for being so forgetful and careless. I couldn't shell out another P1,200 for the moisturizer so I comforted myself by buying a pair of sunglasses exactly like the ones I lost.

This morning, I went to the same net cafe before going to PRC. And was I surprised when the clerk recognized me and asked if I was the one looking for a paper bag before. I said yes and described the bag and its contents to her. Lo and behold, she took the bag from under the counter and gave it to me! Inside were my still-sealed tinted moisturizer and my old pair of sunglasses. I asked her where they found it but she was quite evasive about it. But it's not important anymore. What's important is the fact that I got it back :0)

Now, I have 2 pairs of my favorite sunglasses and a full bottle of the perfect tinted moisturizer. I'm really thankful for little blessings :0)

No comments: