2/01/2005

It has been a very long day.

My day started when I gave up trying to sleep at 3.30am this morning. I kept having these weird dreams where I apply and reapply for a marriage certificate just to be denied again and again. Guess it's now obvious what's on my mind :0P

At 7.30am, I called the NSO number given to me and was told to proceed to NSO-EDSA in Quezon City and to bring my personal copy of our marriage certificate.

It was a very good thing that my day started early since I had to get my documents from the travel agency in UN Ave. in Manila before I can proceed to NSO-QC.

Kuya Ed from the travel agency asked me if I really wanted to be the one to do this. He told me that he could do it later this week. I told him that it was ok and I had nothing better to do. What I didn't tell him was that I don't want a repeat of my weird dreams last night:0P He warned me of the long lines that would surely await me. Well, waiting is a small price to pay for my peace of mind.

So off I went to NSO Quezon City. I arrived there at exactly 1pm. Although Kuya Ed already warned me, I was still surprised at the volume of people there. There was also no sense of organization. You just give your documents to the guard, who in turn endorses it to the people inside the office (you can't enter the office). There was no line, no numbers. The guard doesn't even give you anything to hold on to to prove that you gave your documents to him. In essence, you just wait there until you hear your name called.

I had to stand while waiting since the benches in the wait area could only accommodate about 15 people (of my size :0P). Two hours and 2 bottles of 500ml mineral water later (it was freaking hot!), they finally released our marriage certificate in security paper. My 2-hour wait was still a blessing because the lady I talked to told me that she was there since 9am in the morning! Thank you Lord for little blessings :0)

Now, I just want to go home and sleep.

No comments: