8/19/2005

I heart 511.org

Got a call from one of the numerous employers I e-mailed regarding a part-time job. Will be coming in on Tuesday for an 'informal' interview (their words, not mine).

Which led me to the dilemma of going there. I still can't drive by myself, let alone drive the 20 miles it takes to go there. I know Mr.A would be willing to drive me there but I've imposed too much on my husband's work sched. Plus, I've never been the kind who gets ferried by a driver to-and-fro, I sure as hell don't want to start being one now.

Problem is, I don't know how to get around here using public transpo.

Coming from a place where you can hail an fx, a jeepney or a cab from almost every kanto and corner, it's a lil frustrating for me to not even know how to get to the nearest mall without driving :0/


Enter 511.org, the counterpart of Yahoo's Driving directions to those taking public transportation. You just fill-in your place of origin and your destination, specify the time you want to arrive, choose whether you want the fastest or the cheapest itinerary, even the number of miles you're willing to walk and the site will plan out your trip for you. Uhuh, down to bus/train schedules and how much it costs. Cool huh?

No comments: