8/10/2005

I've been tagged!

From Selle. Will give my answers in fives.

1. What are the things you enjoy doing even when there's no one around you?
> Reading (whether it's books, mags or even the pamphlets I find on the street :0P)
> Writing (... soothes me and gives perspective to my life)
> Browsing (bookstores and thrift stores are my favorite places!!)
> Daydreaming
> Surfing the net

2. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level?
> Crying (uhuh, my form of release :0P)
> Talking to Mr.A about my worries
> Conversing with God
> Writing on my journal
> Sleeping

I tag anyone who wants to answer this :0)

***
On other news...

I went to my first job interview/exam today.

How was it? It went ok... I think.

It was actually a job fair for a nonprofit organization dealing with the developmentally-disabled. I thought it was perfect for me while I'm in the process of securing my professional license. Anyway, I was interested in one of the management positions but it turned out that the job fair was primarily for the recruitment of direct-service positions.

I didn't want the trip to be wasted so I took the exam to be considered for the direct-service positions while making it clear to the interviewer that my priority was the management one.

The exam consisted of three essay questions (one about the skills I have, one involving behavioral modification as applied to a client and the last about least liked trait of former supervisor) and a couple of easy math items. When I say easy, I mean really easy (addition, subtraction and multiplication of decimals).

Thinking about it now, I'm suddenly not so sure about the direct-service positions. I know I have to start somewhere lower than what I'm used to given that I'm still unlicensed but I don't wanna be stuck in a job I don't really like.

Sigh. I hope I'll soon have more alternatives to choose from.

No comments: