8/12/2005

Putting everything in perspective.

I've been getting a lot of responses regarding my resume. But all of them have one universal question, am I licensed to practice here in California?

And of course, even before I get to step one, I'm already out of the game :0(

I'm still about a year away from being fully licensed. Let me tell you about the steps I still need to go through:

> credentialing (which would take 2 to 3 months at least)
> when I get credentialed, board application (another month or two)
> if approved, I get to take and hopefully, pass the boards.
> 9(yup, NINE) months of internship as a physical therapist license applicant (kinda like apprenticeship or mentoring)

And even before I can start the credentialing, I need to have my SSN first.

Where am I now? Day 2 of the two-week wait for my SSN.

I was really feeling so bummed about this. Until I got to talk to Mr.A during lunch. Mr.A pointed out that I was putting all sorts of pressure on myself when everything is really so simple if we take things one at a time.

As usual, my husband has a way of putting everything in perspective. And all was right in my world again :0)

The plan now is to for me to find a part-time job that I'll enjoy. The primary purpose of the job would be to get me out of the house and in the presence of people again. The main priority is studying and passing the board exams. And I still have 4-5 months to do it.

Now, if only I can stop pressuring myself:0P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mare, why the pressure on yourself? take things one at a time, ikanga ni husband... cool ka lang and you'll get there soon... just dont lose the focus ;) hang in there, its gonna be a one long rollercoaster ride mare... enjoy the ride ;)

Anonymous said...

hi lei! thanks for continuing the tag game!

well, don't push yourself to the limits! you have a great life right now so just take it easy. focus on your studies so that you'll be a licensed professional soon!

god bless you always!