7/16/2005

My kind of Saturday.

Shopping and dinner with my hubby :0)


Went around Macy's, Union Square and found sexy, sexy shoes at less than $50. Quite a steal judging from the average prices of most of their stock.

As you can see, it's the quintessential strappy heel. I am such a sucker for high and sexy heels! Can't seem to get enough of them. Plus this one is ultra-comfy (well, as comfy as any high heels can get :0P).

I can almost see myself wearing it during my first visit to Vegas. Hmm. The fountains at the Bellagio and satin shoe candy. What more can a girl want? :0)

Oh, but the night's high didn't stop there. It continued on with our scrumptious dinner at the Metreon.


The Firewood Cafe surprised us with its low prices, adequate servings and oh-so-delish dishes.

Mr. A and I had their Mushroom Pizza, crispy, thin crust with a delectable topping of sauteed shiitake, oyster and crimini mushrooms with caramelized onions in tomato sauce, for starters. Then we shared a half-order of Honey-Dijon Glazed Chicken with the Capellini Pasta. The pasta, tossed in the seemingly simple sauce of garlic, Roma tomatoes, basil and olive oil was a refreshing partner to the meltingly succulent meat of the chicken.

And as a big mustard fan, I proclaim their Honey-Dijon Glaze to be smooth perfection.

All that for just under $30! No wonder I'm singing Firewood Cafe's praises! It's hard to get a decent and satisfying Italian meal for that kind of price, and in San Francisco, no less!

All in all, this was really my kind of Saturday.

No comments: