7/07/2005

nerdy post ahead




I am so excited about finally getting a library card!!!

I've been planning to get it ever since I got here but I needed some form of ID with our address on it. Anyway, yesterday, I finally got it!!!

Spent almost an hour browsing through the nearest library, looking at what they have to offer. What's so nice about this is I have access not only to the nearest library, but to the entire county's library system! That's 23 libraries! For free!

That's not all, they have an on-line system that lets you browse through the entire collection, reserve the books, magazines, even videos, that you want and have it delivered to the nearest library for pick-up. How cool is that?!

Ok. I know my third-world country roots are showing here but I ask again, how cool is that?! :0)

I wanted to borrow so many things yesterday but I ended up going home with Nabokov (Lolita) and Morrison (Sula) with The Devil Wears Prada as rest in between. :0) Also got GH and O Magazine for some recipes.

I'll probably be back before the 3-weeks due date. Needless to say, my boring days are over. :0)

Start disclaimer: Allow me to say that I get as excited when I get a pair of sexy heels, a yummy shade of lipstick or even the perfect top for my body shape. End disclaimer.

2 comments:

Deepa said...

hurray fellow book nerd! wow that library service sounds really mind-boggling.

the devil wears prada is quite entertaining. another book in the same vein is bergdorf blondes by plum sykes from us vogue.

and yes i did see ps i love you! haha!

Anonymous said...

hi leah! thanks for leaving a comment on my site. i'm also looking forward to the opening of the Singapore National Library this month!

i'm expecting it to be really high-tech. we saw the building and it's so huge!

hope it's okay if i link you up!